What is Health Care Matters?
Good health is everything, until you
no longer have it.
Because health care is too important to ignore, the Health District wants to hear from residents about what matters most to them about their health care. Many decisions are being made about the future of health care, and through the Health Care Matters project, we are working to ensure that your voice counts in this deliberation about how health care should work in Colorado.
What is it?
- Health Care Matters sessions are 90 minute facilitated conversations in which we share general health care information and gather your thoughts, feelings, and values about health care through both anonymous voting methods and facilitated discussion.
- In these sessions, community members will have the opportunity pause, think deeply, and connect their values and experiences with the issue of health care and health care access.
- There is no right or wrong answer, and these sessions are not policy debates nor do they promote a particular viewpoint; they are instead an opportunity for you to honestly share what's most important to you about health care for your family and for our community.
- We will be talking to about 1,600 Larimer County community members, and will compile your opinions and ideas and share them with Colorado decision-makers.
- Health Care Matters is a 3-year project run by the
Health District of Northern
Larimer County funded by the
Colorado Trust as part of Project Health Colorado, a public campaign to help inform and engage Coloradans about important health coverage and care issues in our state. It is a way for Coloradans to ask questions, get information and answers, share solutions, and support health care that works for everyone.
Why should we talk about health care
- Right now, policy makers are deciding the future of health care and they need to hear what we all think! Your voice matters and decisions about your health care are too important to ignore.
- When we're healthy, we don't always think about how important health care is - yet it's important for you to take some time to think about how you want health care to work for you, your loved ones, and your friends and neighbors - and share your thoughts!
Decisions about your health care are too important to be
left solely to others.
Contact Us —